Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit can be influenced by the class of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specific. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal equipment models type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment products type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while ordering the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating desk, find in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm examine the gear box rating horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected such that the ranked HP is equal or more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will be suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Because the consumed HP can be 9, the unit HB-350 will become suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric electric motor for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in course IV duty the ranked HP is 3
crane duty helical gearbox, the appropriate option for you.